RE: duplicate calls to web service

   Hi Mike,

   I did try timing the request with a browser, and didn't receive a
   response there, either. A phone call to the web service tech support
   people, and apparently the web service was down for a period of time
   this morning. All 33 requests made this morning would have waited 10
   minutes in vain for a response. But if the wait state doesn't take up
   any resources that shouldn't be a problem.

   It sounds as if I may have to figure out a way to resubmit the failed
   requests at another time of day, in the hopes of getting a response.

   Thanks,

   Kim

   >Since your document is the right length, it isn't like the program
   will wait for more data >- so hopefully non-issue.

   >If you set the time-out to 10 minutes, it will wait 10 minutes to get
   a complete response.

   >If you get the response before then, it will of course move on to the
   next item. In the

   >wait state, very little resources should be used by the program. So,
   either wait and

   >hopefully get a response or not wait and get nothing.

   >Did you try timing it using your browser and then at about the same
   time by running your

   >program? They should be the same.

   >> Right now our process is sending a request to the web service every
   2-3

   >> minutes. Will system performance be hampered if I set the timeout
   to 10

   >> minutes?

   Kim Gibson  - Web Designer/Programmer Analyst

   United Heritage - PO Box 7777 - Meridian, ID 83680-7777 - Tel
   208.475.0942 - 800.657.6351 - Fax 208.475.1042 -
   [1]kgibson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx