RE: duplicate calls to web service

> Right now our process is sending a request to the web service every 2-3
> minutes. Will system performance be hampered if I set the timeout to 10
> minutes?

Since your document is the right length, it isn't like the program will wait for more data - so hopefully non-issue.

If you set the time-out to 10 minutes, it will wait 10 minutes to get a complete response. If you get the response before then, it will of course move on to the next item. In the wait state, very little resources should be used by the program. So, either wait and hopefully get a response or not wait and get nothing.

Did you try timing it using your browser and then at about the same time by running your program? They should be the same.