Re: Problem calling webservice using WSDL2RPG tool

Hi Thomas,

On 1/31/2011 3:55 AM, thomas.raddatz@xxxxxx wrote:
> I do not yet know why
> the soap action parameter has to be set into double quotes. I will try
> to get an answer to that question. Maybe that Scott can shed some
> light on that.

I'm looking at the SOAP 1.1 specs at w3.org:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/

Read section 6.1.1 The SOAPAction HTTP Header Field.  Here's the BNF for
the SoapAction header:

soapaction    = "SOAPAction" ":" [ <"> URI-reference <"> ]
URI-reference = <as defined in RFC 2396 [4]>

This seems to state that the following are valid:

SOAPAction: "http://example.com/whatever";
SOAPAction: ""
SOAPAction:

However, the following is not valid:

SOAPAction: http://example.com/whatever

The BNF grammar implies that if a value is specified for a SOAPAction,
the quotes must always be there.  The only time the quotes don't need to
be specified is if the 'SOAPAction' header is specified with no value.

SOAP 1.2 replaces the SoapAction: mechanism with
   content-type: application/xml+soap; action="xyz"

That probably also requires quotes at all times, but the "action="
keyword itself is optional in 1.2.  (Whereas the SoapAction: header is
manditory in 1.1)

Hope that helps.