Re: Unknown system state during get request

hi Eric,

> Regarding openssl - After reading your post and searching the SystemiNetwork
> archives for openssl, I read an article that hinted that 5.3 is needed to
> install openssl and other related software.  Is this true or can it be
> installed on our 5.1 system?

Sorry, I should've explained better.

My suggestion is to run openssl on your PC.  Connect to both
Klements.com and the site that fails and look at the difference between
the certificates they use.  This was just to try to give you more data
about the problem.  (I'm not even exactly sure what to do with the
output...  I just figured it'd be a way to try to find differences.)

If you don't have the openssl tool for your PC, you can grab precompiled
copy of the .EXE file here:
http://www.scottklement.com/tools/openssl.exe

Save it to your PC hard-drive.  It's a command-line utility, so you'll
have to open up a Windows "Command Prompt" (MS-DOS prompt) to run it.
At the prompt, type something like:

openssl s_client -showcerts -connect www.klements.com:443

And it'll connect to port 443 on www.klements.com, and do the SSL
handshake, et al.  you will then be able to see the certificates that
get sent back/forth, and lots of information about them.  Then try the
same thing against the site that doesn't work, and compare the
differences...

You're right that v5r3 is required to run it on IBM i, but no such
limitation exists for running it on Windows.