Unknown system state during get request

   We use a simple program to send a get request to a server and receive
   back information in an IFS file.  But instead of information in a
   file, it is getting an error.  Following is the debug information.

   HTTPAPI Ver 1.16 released 2006-05-07

   New iconv() objects set, ASCII=819. EBCDIC=0

   https_init(): entered

   Dump of local-side certificate information:

   http_url_get(): entered

   http_persist_open(): entered

   http_long_ParseURL(): entered

   (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.

   ssl_error(406): (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.

   SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) I/O: Unknown system state.

   Some of the code from the program is as follows.

   C                   CALLP     HTTP_DEBUG(*ON: DBGFILE)

   c                   eval      rc = https_init(*BLANKS)

   c                   if        rc < 0

   c                   eval      msg = http_error(rc)

   c                   if        rc = HTTP_NOTREG

   c                   exsr      RegisterMe

   c                   return

   c                   else

   c                   dsply                   msg

   c                   return

   c                   endif

   c                   endif

   c                   eval      rc = http_url_get(

   c                                  UrlText :

   c                                  '/tmp/httptest.html')

   This code is a modified version of example 3 from Scotts examples.  We
   change the UrlText constant to what we use during production and
   compile this code on our version 5.1 system and send it to another
   remote 5.1 system to test.  It runs correctly on our 5.1 system, but
   not on the remote system.  We have been running this get request on
   the local system for many years, but it has yet to work on this remote
   system.

   We have changed the UrlText constant to perform the get request to the
   Klements site (like in example 3) and it works correctly from both the
   local and remote systems.  So we know that it can work from both the
   local and remote systems.  It just does not work from the remote
   system with the url needed for the live, production software.

   We know that this is a very old version of the programs (1.16).  But
   this wonderful old version is working great at several locations.  To
   upgrade all of them would require several hours that I do not wish to
   use as part of this project unless necessary.  We are only currently
   using the basic functions of version 1.16 and do not want to upgrade
   until we need to use some more advanced functions.

   A search of the archives found some PTFs for 5.4 (while the problem
   system is on 5.1) and some Digital Certificate Manager information
   that should not affect what we are trying to do.

   Any ideas or assistance is appreciated.

   Eric Wasek