From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Bishop [tbishop2@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010 9:06 AM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: What can I do if I can't use SoapUI?

I used SoapUI and Scotts iSeries Network article over 2 years ago at a
different company to help me write an application to consume web services.
 Worked great.

The company I now work for will not allow SoapUI to be installed on my
laptop since it is not an "approved" product.
I also cannot use SoapUI from my personal laptop at home since the site I
need to access for the WSDL is internal to the companies network and my
personal laptop cannot access my work network.

I'm not sure SoapUI will help anyway since I have 40 different URL's to
access. One URL each for development, Integrated, QA, and Production for
the WSDL and then a different URL for each to access the web services. I
only need to get it working in development, I will softcode the URL's to
pull from a table so the table can be modified as the project moves
through Development, Integrated, QA, and into Production.
For example:
DEVELOPMENT Environment URLs
Token Service URL (http)                :
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8010/es/DataVault/TokenServices/v1.0/TokenService
WSDL                                    :
http://dev-soap.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/Services/DataVaultServices/TokenServices/v1.0/TokenService.wsdl

Validation Service URL (http)   :
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8010/es/DataVault/RegistrationServices/v1.0/ValidationService
WSDL                                    :
http://dev-soap.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/Services/DataVaultServices/RegistrationServices/v1.0/ValidationService.wsdl

etc... 3 more sets of services like this for the development environment.

I have also been told the "Token Service" requests will require an X.509
certificate to be installed on the iSeries. Do I need anything special
added to the SOAP call?

Any idea on how I can make this project less challenging besides telling
the manager that I will not do the project without the tools I need?

Thank you,

T. Bishop

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.