Re: Socket host that does not terminate response with a CRLF.

Hi Eduard,

Glad to see that you were able to get your message to post to the
mailing list!

> We are using FTPAPI and HTTPAPI already for a long time to create
> interfaces to different external systems.
> Now for the first time we stumbled on one that does not terminate the
> response with a CRLF.

I'm not following this.  What sort of response are we talking about?  Is
this a file downloaded with FTPAPI or HTTPAPI?  Or is this an HTTP
keyword?  Or are we talking about a custom TCP-based protocol? Or what
is this, exactly?

> They seems to be reluctant to change that and argue that we should
> make use of the prefixed length (in Unsigned short 16 bit endian order
> format (we also have problem in creating that prefix in the request)).
> I understood that the CRLF is part of the standard but are not
> completely sure of.

Which standard are you referring to, here?  If this is a socket program,
then which TCP/IP protocol are you implementing?  (If it's your own
custom protocol, then obviously there's no existing standard!)

Or is this a file download, and if so, what format is the file supposed
to be in?  What standard does that file format adhere to?

> If part of the standard we should be able to make them adhere to it.
> What alternatives are available if we can not make them change their
> part??

I really need more information about your scenario to even attempt to
answer that.  You mention both HTTPAPI and FTPAPI in your message, but
you don't say which one you're using, or even if you're using them for
this project.  You don't say which part of the transaction has the
missing CRLF.

Can you please explain the scenario better?  And provide an example?
Thanks.