SSL Connection using COMMSSLR4

Hi Scott,

for my current project, I need to talk to SMTP and POP server over SSL. I noticed, that the HTTP library has the proper communication APIs in it, that allow my program to talk TCP and SSL.

So I extended the export list of your HTTP lib a bit to export all the comm functions.

So far, I'm able to connect to a POP server using SSL and do all the stuff I need.

Connecting to the SMTP server over SSL gives me an error. My provider told me, that he only supports TLS and no SSL for SMTP.

Reading your code, I found the function HTTPS_init, that sets up some SSL/TLS attributes for the connection. As far as I understand IBMs documentation, if these attributes aren't set, the default supports all versions of SSL and TLS.

Do you have any idea, what's going wrong?

This the the SMTP server I'm using: smtp.1und1.de   Port: 587

The basic code:

p_CommNew = %paddr('COMMSSL_NEW');
p_CommDriver = comm_new;
p_addr = comm_resolve( wwComm : %trimr(wwHost) : '' : wwPort : *OFF    );
comm_Connect( wwComm : p_addr : wwTimeout );
comm_Upgrade( wwComm : wwTimeout );

The code fails on the UPGRADE.

Thanks for any help

Kind regards