   From:        Mike Krebs <mkrebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To:        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date:        06/01/2010 03:15 PM
   Subject:        RE: HTTPS POST - modifying Example 5 - Help needed
   Sent by:        ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Hi,
   Welcome to HTTPAPI. It is good to see you trying some new things on
   the IBMi. Since you have it working in Java, any reason you'd like to
   re-write it in HTTPAPI?
   Scott gave you a quick answer that will surely help (he knows this
   stuff very well). I'll give you another.
   My suggestion...Download the latest Beta
   ([1]http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/). Save the old example
   programs as they sometimes come in handy. The new EXAMPLE4 is the one
   you should look at. There is a new function available that makes post
   work more like a webpage (which is what your page appears to be).
   Scott also re-wrote the examples with pretty good explanations.
   EXAMPLE4 will load the parameters into the "form" and post the results
   of that form -- getting the response into a file. Turn on debugging
   (see the beta page for instructions) and you will have the information
   (in the debug file or the downloaded data file) you need to figure out
   if your process is working.
   It appears you have to parse the head section of the returned page for
   the answer to your post. You will want to work with
   HTTP_POINT_PARSE_HEADER when you get to that point. Running the BETA
   code, I don't have the "old" EXAMPLE12 - but there is a reference to
   that example showing how to use the routine. This message
   ([2]http://www.scottklement.com/archives/ftpapi/200601/msg00018.html )
   also has a small section of code in it that might lend a hand.
   Good luck. Keep us informed of progress.
   Mike Krebs
   -
The information contained in this electronic communication and any accompanying
 document is confidential, may be
attorney-client privileged, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
It is the property of Ryder System,
Inc. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication, or any part
 of it, is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please noti
fy the sender immediately by return
email, and destroy this communication andall copies of it, including all attach
ments. Electronic communication
may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorized tampering
and Ryder disclaims all liability
of any kind for such actions or any consequences that may arise directly or ind
irectly therefrom.