Using an array DS in callback of http_url_post_xml

   Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom
   of this message.

   I  think this is probably a generic RPG issue, but it's part of an
   attempt to use an array DS in place of the rate parameter used in the
   HTTP Exchange example, so I was hoping it's an easy problem for you.

   The service I'm using returns an array of 20 with a number of fields.
   I want to fill it in the callback procedure and then use it in the
   code after the invocation of http_url_post_xml .

   Here is the DS definition in the main body of the program:

   d getCoverOptionResponse...

        d               ds                qualified

        d                                     dim(20)

        d  BuildingsFlag                1A  varying

        d  ContentsFlag                1A  varying

        d  CoverLevel                  1A  varying

        d  CoverOption                 4A  varying

        d  CoverOptionCode...

        d                             10A  varying

        d  ProductFilter                3A  varying

   Here is the prototype:

        D getResponse   PR

        D   response_arr                   likeds(getCoverOptionResponse)

        D   depth                     10I 0 value

        D   name                    1024A  varying const

        D   path                   24576A  varying const

        D   value                  32767A  varying const

        D   attrs                       *  dim(32767)

        D                                     const options(*varsize)

   And here is the PI in the procedure:

        p getResponse     B

        d getResponse   PI

        d   response_arr                   likeds(getCoverOptionResponse)

        d   depth                     10I 0 value

        d   name                    1024A  varying const

        d   path                   24576A  varying const

        d   value                  32767A  varying const

        d   attrs                       *  dim(32767)

        d                                     const options(*varsize)

   Here is the code failing compilation:

             Select;

             When name = 'ns1:CoverOptionCode';

               Index += 1;

             When name = 'ns1:BuildingsFlag';

               response_arr(index).BuildingsFlag= value;

             When name = 'ns1:ContentsFlag';

               response_arr(index).ContentsFlag= value;

             When name = 'ns1:CoverLevel';

               response_arr(index).CoverLevel= value;

             When name = 'ns1:CoverOption';

              response_arr(index).CoverOption= value;

             When name = 'ns1:ProductFilter';

               response_arr(index).ProductFilter= value;

             EndSl;

   I am getting:

   *RNF7030 30      5 The name or indicator is not defined.

   *RNF0528 20      5 Index is not allowed for name that is not an array;

   On the lines referencing response_arr.

   Appreciate your time Scott.

   The information transmitted in this message and its attachments (if
   any) is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
   addressed.

   The message may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
   review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
   any action in reliance upon this information, by persons or entities
   other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

   If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and
   delete this e-mail and associated material from any computer.

   The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce,
   disclose or distribute the information contained in this e-mail and
   any attached files, with the permission of the sender.

   This message has been scanned for viruses.