RE: HTTP BAD Request

Don,

When you say bad request...do you mean that the response you got is that the XML you sent is bad? Or the generic error "bad request"?

If the first, copy it out of your program and save it on your pc as test.xml. Open it in IE. Does IE like it? If IE likes it, then most likely it is valid XML but the data you are sending is not recognized or invalid for the service you are accessing. If it is a web service, get a copy of the WDSL and use a tool to inspect it. A free tool that works pretty well is soapui. You will see exactly what the web service expects you to be sending.

If the latter, the HTTPAPI debug log might help... It is in EXAMPLE1 (v1.24 beta 6 or better ; other versions it is in a number of the examples). The default location for the file is /tmp and is named httpapi_debug.txt (wrklnk '/tmp/httpapi_debug.txt').

If mean to debug HTTPAPI using a debugger, you can just use the standard debugger on your system. It is just rpgle code, nothing special.

Mike