Re: question about none english character when using HTTPAPI

Johan,

I do not know whether I will be able to solve your CCSID problem entirely
or not. I am also not sure that the following explanation explains the ?
character(s) at the receiving side. Nevertheless, please answer the
following questions:

1) Are the non-english characters hard coded literals such as 'Hello World'?

2) If the non-english characters are literals, what is the CCSID of your
source physical file?

3) Are the non-englich characters read from a file?

4) If the non-english characters are read from a file, what is the CCSID of
the file.

5) What is the CCSID of your job?

There are several potential reasons for the problem:

a) If your job CCSID is 65535 (=*HEX) and the characters are read from a
file, no CCSID conversion (file to job) takes place. But HTTP API converts
the data from the job CCSID to 1208 with HTTP_setCCSIDs(1208 :0).

b) If the CCSID of your source physical file does not match the CCSID of
your job (parameter CCSID or default CCSID for CCSID=65535) the literals in
your program do not have the same CCSID of your job and hence HTTP API
cannot correctly translate the request message with HTTP_setCCSIDs(1208 :0).

Example:
I wrote a module with CCSID 37 that uses iconv() to translate the '@'
character to CCSID 1208. It then writes the UTF-8 data to a file in binary
mode. When I run the job with CCSID 37 everything works like a charm. But
when I change the job CCSID to 273 (German) the '@' sign is converted to '§'.

Regards,

Thomas