Re: CCSID issues

Okay, so it's not really a log file -- it's the data that you've
downloaded from the HTTP server.

HTTPAPI is a binary file transfer program.  It doesn't understand the
various text encodings it downloads, it merely saves the data
byte-by-byte to the file.

It sets the file's CCSID to 819 by default -- but that doesn't mean that
the data is 819.  HTTPAPI doesn't know what the data is.  It just picked
819 as the default because it seemed like the most common CCSID at the
time that HTTPAPI was written.

You can change the CCSID it saves the file under by calling the
HTTP_SetFileCCSID() procedure.