From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott
Klement
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 1:42 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: CCSID issues

Hi Mike,

The debug log is purely intended to be human-readable.  HTTPAPI is
specifically designed that your program doesn't need to check the
contents of this file to detect errors.

If you've found a situation where an error can't be detected
programmatically without reading this debug file, I'd appreciate you
sharing that information with me.  I'd consider that to be a bug, and
would like to improve it so that checking the debug log isn't needed.

Check the debug log at your own risk:  I may add/remove messages from
that log at any time, and I may choose to rephrase them, as needed to
make the log useful to me.  The log is only intended to be read by a
human being, so I can make changes with impunity.

But, having said that, if you really need to read it in a program, then
using the open() API with O_TEXTDATA (and maybe O_CCSID) followed by the
read() API should work just fine.

CH2WRRD is a beginner example from my tutorial. To learn how to use
CCSID support, you'll need to read a little further in the tutorial --
chapter 5.  However, be aware that the tutorial is out of date, and
discusses code page support instead of ccsid support.  CCSID support is
enabled by using the O_CCSID flag in place of the O_CODEPAGE flag.

On 3/1/2010 9:21 AM, Smith, Mike wrote:

>     I am working on a project that will have multiple error/log files.
>     The idea is that I will be sending orders and because of volume I
will
>     create a unique log/error file for each order.  So far so good.
After
>     I send the order, I need to check the log file to see if there is
an
>     error.  I'm trying to read the file directly from the IFS using
>     program CH2WRRD(from scotts IFS examples).  This is where the
problem
>     comes in.  I'm able to read the file, but its garbage.
>
>     The initial log file seems to have a CCSID of 819.  I've tried
>     changing to 37.  It seems to be a CCSID problem, but I'm not sure
what
>     to do about it.  Ideas?
>
>     Thanks
>
>     Mike

NOTICE:  This message, including any attachment, is intended as a confidential and privileged communication. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.