Re: Data Transmission with HTTPAPI

Hi Brad,

Consider reading "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond, and
"Wikinomics" by Don Tapscott (et al).  They explain open source far
better than I could.

Basically, open source gives you the full source code.  It also gives
you the freedom to make your own changes to the source code, and
redistribute it yourself if you want to.

That means:
  -- I can't discontinue the product, and leave you high & dry.
  -- If I stop work on it, you'll be able to continue it yourself
       (most likely in conjunction with the other users of the product)
  -- I can't hide malicious, insecure, or deceptive code in the product
       because you can *see* exactly what's in it.