Re: SetError() #29: gsk_sec_soc_open: (GSKit) Handle is not valid.

Hi Tony,

"(GSKit) Handle is not valid." means that you (or, HTTPAPI) tried to do
something with an SSL connection after having already failed to create
an SSL handle.  That SSL handle must be created successfully or the
connection won't work.  So you need to look further back in the debug
log to see the error.

You already did that, of course.  You posted this message as well:
"(GSKit) An operation which is not valid for the current SSL session
state was attempted.".   This, essentially, means the same thing.  You
(or HTTPAPI) tried to perform an SSL operation that the connection was
in the wrong state for.  In other words, until SSL is initialized
properly, you can't use it.

If you look back one message further in the debug log (which you didn't
post, but fortunately, you included the debug log) you'll see this:
(GSKit) Access to the key database is not allowed.

That is the cause of the problem.  You do not have authority to use the
SSL key database.  Consequently, you won't be able to create SSL
connections.  Either have someone grant you access, or use an account
with higher authority.