Re: XML Writer Service program

   Hi Scott
   Can you tell me the names of the DOM tools ?
   I allready know eXpat, but this is SAX.
   Actually I only need this simple XML files, but I maybe need more
   complexity in the future.
   Best regards.
   Nicolas Machado
   Scott Klement escribió:

hi Nicolas,

I may or may not know of a tool like this :)  It depends on what you
mean?

Your sample code, as posted, is too simplistic to handle most XML
documents.  It has no ability to embed an XML element inside another
element, no ability to add attributes, and no ability ability to mix
elements with character data.

Once you add all of the sophistication needed to handle all of those
situations, your toolkit would look very much like the DOM tools that
are already out there.  So if that's what you meant, then yes I know of
tools like that already.

If you wanted to keep it as simple as the code you posted, though, then
no I don't know of anything like that... it just wouldn't handle most
XML documents.

IMHO, it's actually easier to code XML using a templating tool like
CGIDEV2 or by coding it manually with the IFS APIs.

Nicolas Machado wrote:

Hi,
I'm starting a project that need to write xml files.
I know that there is no mora "rocket science" that wrinting to a stream
file in teh IFS.

But I'm wondering is someone has developed something like:

   xml =  pCreateXmlObject();
    pWriteStartElement(xml : 'Invoice') ;
    pWriteTag(xml : 'InvNro' : $InvoiceNumber ) ;
    pWriteEndElement(xml)

To for example create this xml
    <Invoice>
          <InvNr>some value</InvNr>
    </Invoice>

If anyone has something , please let me know.

.::.
Nicolas Machado
Metodo Argentina S.A.