Re: writing CLOB to IFS file - CCSID issue

   My RPG/SQL code is producing the file on the IFS.  If I do wrklnk to
   that file I can view the html source code that was in the clob.  If I
   try to open the file from the IFS from my pc thru Ops Navigator I
   don't get the correct data and it appears to be CCSID problem.
   Thanks
   Kara

   Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   04/20/2009 08:00 PM

                             Please respond to
        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                       cc

                                                                  Subject

   Re: writing CLOB to IFS file - CCSID issue

   Hi Kara,
   I don't understand how the data is getting to a PC?   Are you running
   RPG code (like the sample you provided) and then viewing that file
   from
   a PC?   Or are you using ODBC or similar from a PC program?
   For that matter, how are you viewing the data on i?  Are you
   outputting
   to a file (as shown) and then reading that file somehow from RPG?  If
   so, are you reading it in binary mode, or...?
   Kara Burkhalter wrote:
   >    Hi,
   >    I am using HTTPAPI to create a temporary filename in the IFS to
   write
   >    a CLOB (which is just html code) to it so it can be opened from
   the
   >    green screen to view.  I have successfully created the ifs and
   wrote
   >    the clob to and can view the html code doing wrklnk...., but when
   >    open on the PC I get a bunch of weird characters.  I know this is
   >    CCSID issue (the Clob is defined as 37 and the file is created
   with
   >    CCSID 37) but I'm not sure what I need to do to get it to be
   readable
   >    when opened on PC as a HTML doc.
   >          ***************************************************
   >          * Ask HTTPAPI for a temporary filename in the IFS.
   >          ****************************************************
   >         C                   eval      IfsFile = http_tempfile()
   >         C                   eval      ifsFile = %trim(ifsFile) +
   '.html'
   >         C                   eval      Doc      = *ALLx'00'
   >         C                   eval      Doc_FO   = SQFOVR
   >         C                   eval      Doc_Name = IfsFile
   >         c                   eval      Doc_NL   = %len(IfsFile)
   >         C/EXEC SQL   Select text
   >         C+             Into :Doc
   >         C+             From conrslt2
   >         C+            Where conseq = :conseq
   >         C+             with NC
   >         C/END-EXEC
   >

   >    Thanks,
   >    Kara
   >
   >    P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
   >

   >    This message may contain confidential or proprietary information
   and
   >    is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any
   use,
   >    distribution, copying or disclosure of confidential information
   by any
   >    other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
   message
   >    in error, please notify the e-mail sender immediately, and delete
   the
   >    original message without making a copy. For information on the UW
   >    Foundation's privacy policy, please visit:
   >
   >    [1]UW Foundation Privacy Policy
   >
   > References
   >
   >    1.
   [1]http://www.uwfoundation.wisc.edu/home/privacypolicy/privacypolicy.a
   spx#email

   -

   This message may contain confidential or proprietary information and
   is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use,
   distribution, copying or disclosure of confidential information by any
   other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
   in error, please notify the e-mail sender immediately, and delete the
   original message without making a copy. For information on the UW
   Foundation's privacy policy, please visit:

   [4]UW Foundation Privacy Policy