From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kara
Burkhalter
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:29 AM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: writing CLOB to IFS file - CCSID issue

Hi,

I am using HTTPAPI to create a temporary filename in the IFS to write a
CLOB (which is just html code) to it so it can be opened from the green
screen to view.  I have successfully created the ifs and wrote the clob
to and can view the html code doing wrklnk...., but when I open on the
PC I get a bunch of weird characters.  I know this is a CCSID issue (the
Clob is defined as 37 and the file is created with CCSID 37) but I'm not
sure what I need to do to get it to be readable when opened on PC as a
HTML doc.

      * Ask HTTPAPI for a temporary filename in the IFS.
     C                   eval      IfsFile = http_tempfile()
     C                   eval      ifsFile = %trim(ifsFile) + '.html'
     C                   eval      Doc      = *ALLx'00'
     C                   eval      Doc_FO   = SQFOVR
     C                   eval      Doc_Name = IfsFile
     c                   eval      Doc_NL   = %len(IfsFile)

     C/EXEC SQL   Select text
     C+             Into :Doc
     C+             From conrslt2
     C+            Where conseq = :conseq