From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christen, Duane
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:22 AM
To: 'ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: CCSID Changes during ftp_get

Scott, et all.

I am using the FTP api, version 2.2, to pull files from one IBM i to another, the CCSID of the original file is 37 (and the data is in CCSID 37), but when ftp_Get pulls the file, it's CCSID is set to 437 but the data is still in CCSID 37. I set the ftp_BinaryMode to *ON before the get and the job log reflects the binary setting.

Am I missing something on the get?
Should I be using binary mode in the transfer?

This has been working for years but because we have a new vendor that is sending files in uni-code (CCSID 1252) we had to change the file open to include the O_TEXTDATA flag so that the open would convert those files which come through a web service to CCSID 37, these are working fine. Because the FTPed files have a CCSID setting of 437, but the actual data is in CCSID 37, fun occurs.

Thanks
Duane

--

[http://www.paetec.com/eSignature/My_PAETEC_signature_r1_c1.gif]