Re: FW: HTTPAPI IP address

Hi Peter,

> In fact I figure it's probably simpler if I log by the hostname supplied
> instead since I just need to be able to identify the traffic for each of
> the parties.

Hostname is usually a better option anyway.  For example, 69.128.116.164
is the IP address of www.scottklement.com, www.klements.com,
www.belladelina.com, etc.  they're all the same IP address, but you get
different web pages, depending on the host name you provide.

So hostname provides more information than IP address does -- and
provides more specific information when working with the web.

the HTTP_long_parseurl() routine can give you the hostname, port number,
etc, from a URL.

> The lines for the mod to https_init() are data 071130 in the attached
> file.

Thanks for that -- I'll include it in the next release.