RE: Attempt at a UPS PLD posting

   Thank you for your response.  I apologize if my questions conveyed any
   disrespect or lack of appreciation for the work and assistance that
   you provide.  I can assure you that it was not my intention to be
   offensive.

   > Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:18:40 -0500
   > From: sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > To: nick_babin@xxxxxxxxxxx
   > CC: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Subject: Re: Attempt at a UPS PLD posting
   >
   > Hi Nicholas,
   >
   > I developed HTTPAPI because I needed to be able to make HTTP
   requests in
   > my own software. I thought it was a useful capability that other
   people
   > might be able to use, so I made it open source and put it up on my
   web
   > site. I thought that was nice of me. Don't you?
   >
   > In addition, I've spent countless hours helping people with it,
   despite
   > that I'm not paid to do so, and it cuts into my free time, my time
   with
   > my family, my relaxation, etc. I think that's nice of me, too. Don't
   you?

   > However, I have to draw the line SOMEWHERE. You are asking me if you
   > can send me UPSes documentation, which I suspect is hundreds of
   pages
   > long. You are asking me to read that documentation, and presumably
   use
   > it to write a program for you.
   >
   > With all due respect, this is a bit unreasonable.
   >
   > If you are having problems with HTTPAPI.... that is you have reason
   > believe that HTTPAPI doesn't work properly, then by all means post a
   > message to the mailing list (NOT TO ME DIRECTLY) describing the
   problem,
   > and I'll be happy to help you if you can help me understand what's
   wrong
   > with HTTPAPI. And it'll be especially helpful if you can provide a
   > simple repeatable demonstration of the bug.
   >
   > But, as far as reading the documentation that sets down the business
   > requirements for your particular application, and then writing the
   code
   > that implements those business requirements -- that's your job, not
   > mine! Don't you agree?
   >
   > I need *you* to read the document from UPS. I need you to understand
   > it, and use that new found knowledge to figure out what questions to
   ask
   > me, so that I can answer your question in only a few minutes of
   time.

   > Nicholas Babin wrote:
   > >
   > > First off, thank you for the response. I apologize if the
   questions and
   > > statements from my e-mail were without detail or unclear.
   > >
   > > Your e-mail response asked if UPS provided any documentation or
   > > instructions. Would it be possible to include the documentation on
   my
   > > next e-mail? If yes, is there a private e-mail address or location
   > > send the documentation? I do not want to broadcast the
   documentation
   > > due to the proprietary information from UPS? Please let me know at
   your
   > > earliest convenience.

> [...]

   See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are
   part of your life. [1]See Now