From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nicholas Babin
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:16 PM
To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Attempt at a UPS PLD posting

Thank you for your response.  I apologize if my questions conveyed any
disrespect or lack of appreciation for the work and assistance that you
provide.  I can assure you that it was not my intention to be offensive.

> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:18:40 -0500> From: sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
nick_babin@xxxxxxxxxxx> CC: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re:
Attempt at a UPS PLD posting> > Hi Nicholas,> > I developed HTTPAPI because
I needed to be able to make HTTP requests in > my own software. I thought it
was a useful capability that other people > might be able to use, so I made
it open source and put it up on my web > site. I thought that was nice of
me. Don't you?> > In addition, I've spent countless hours helping people
with it, despite > that I'm not paid to do so, and it cuts into my free
time, my time with > my family, my relaxation, etc. I think that's nice of
me, too. Don't you?> > However, I have to draw the line SOMEWHERE. You are
asking me if you > can send me UPSes documentation, which I suspect is
hundreds of pages > long. You are asking me to read that documentation, and
presumably use > it to write a program for you.> > With all due respect,
this is a bit unreasonable.> > If you are having problems with HTTPAPI....
that is you have reason to > believe that HTTPAPI doesn't work properly,
then by all means post a > message to the mailing list (NOT TO ME DIRECTLY)
describing the problem, > and I'll be happy to help you if you can help me
understand what's wrong > with HTTPAPI. And it'll be especially helpful if
you can provide a > simple repeatable demonstration of the bug.> > But, as
far as reading the documentation that sets down the business > requirements
for your particular application, and then writing the code > that implements
those business requirements -- that's your job, not > mine! Don't you
agree?> > I need *you* to read the document from UPS. I need you to
understand > it, and use that new found knowledge to figure out what
questions to ask > me, so that I can answer your question in only a few
minutes of time.> > > Nicholas Babin wrote:> > > > First off, thank you for
the response. I apologize if the questions and > > statements from my e-mail
were without detail or unclear. > > > > Your e-mail response asked if UPS
provided any documentation or > > instructions. Would it be possible to
include the documentation on my > > next e-mail? If yes, is there a private
e-mail address or location to > > send the documentation? I do not want to
broadcast the documentation > > due to the proprietary information from UPS?
Please let me know at your > > earliest convenience.> > > > Thank you again
for your assistance,> > > > Nicholas> > > > > >