From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Werner Noll,
GEFIS
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:21 AM
To: 'HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects'
Subject: Transferring Source Files between iSeries using FTPAPI

Hi all,

i use FTPAPI for a long time but only for transferring from the IFS to PC
Servers an back.

Now I have the issue to transfer source members from one iSeries to another.

My tests always result in an error: 'Source files should be transferred in
ASCII mode".

In my case I don't need an ASCII mode as it is from EBCDIC to EBCDIC!

My code looks like:

LocFile = '/QSYS.LIB/GSL.LIB/QRPGLESRC.FILE/RGZDIRR.MBR';

RmtFile = '/QSYS.LIB/NOLL.LIB/QRPGLESRC.FILE/RGZDIR#.MBR';

If FTP_Put(fd:%trimr(RmtFile):%trimr(LocFile)) < *zeros;

   FTPErrMsg = FTP_Error();

I set the name format to 1 before.

It's probably a stupid question but I'm at a loss.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,

Werner Noll
Ludwigstrasse 9