Re: CDATA

CDATA vs. changing to & < > ' etc are really just two
ways of accomplishing the same thing.  I'm sure your vendor didn't care
which one you used, they just thought CDATA would be easier.

Of course, your vendor probably didn't reckon with the fact that [ and ]
are non-standard characters in EBCDIC.  (They're standard in ASCII, but
"weird" in EBCDIC.)