Re: CDATA

You say you're URL encoding the data, then you say the vendor requires
CDATA.  I'm a bit confused....  URL encoding is for data that's to be
placed in a URL, or uploaded as if it's a form from a browser.  CDATA is
an XML thing.  So I guess I'm kinda lost.

At any rate, adding CDATA should be a matter of coding something like this:

     data = '<xmltag><![CDATA[' + yourData + ']]>';

If the brackets aren't translating properly, it means you have your
CCSIDs set incorrectly.  If the CCSIDs (set with HTTP_setCCSIDs) are set
properly, the brackets should translate to the correct characters on the
other end.

I can't see writing a MakeCDATA routine... it'd be almost more difficult
to use than coding it directly, and certainly would require more
overhead.  I could see having a general XML escape routine to convert
characters like & into &amp;, however.