Re: Can the HTTPAPI service program be trimmed down to a smaller size?

Scott Klement wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Based on your desire to have something very small, and your rather small
> requirements, I wonder if you wouldn't be better off writing your own
> simple GET tool?
>
> There are examples of this in my socket tutorial:
> http://www.scottklement.com/rpg/socktut/firstclient.html
>
> It certainly doesn't have anywhere near the features or robustness of
> HTTPAPI -- but it sounds like you don't really want them.

Thanks, Mr. Klement. I might just look up your example, and retool my
utility based on it, sometime when I have more time, but for now, I
think just yanking observability on the *SRVPGM will be enough.

--
James H. H. Lampert
Touchtone Corporation