Re: WSDL2RPG - RC4 available with workaround for Axis bug AXIS-2095

Magne,

I do not have the WDSC error message here at home. But actually it is the same or almost the same as
the error message of WSDL2Java (Axis 1.4).

gSoap can not resolve the 'import' (because the schemaLocation attribute is missing) and hence does
not now about wsi:swaRef. The output of gSoap is:

<output_start_here>

D:\_ArbeitsPC\_Software\gSOAP\gsoap-win32-2.7>wsdl2h.exe -c -Iimport -oCMBGeneri
cWebService/CMBGenericWebService.h ./CMBGenericWebService/CMBGenericWebService.w
sdl > CMBGenericWebService/CMBGenericWebService.txt

**  The gSOAP WSDL parser for C and C++ 1.2.6e
**  Copyright (C) 2000-2006 Robert van Engelen, Genivia Inc.
**  All Rights Reserved. This product is provided "as is", without any warranty.

**  The gSOAP WSDL parser is released under one of the following two licenses:
**  GPL or the commercial license by Genivia Inc. Use option -l for more info.

Saving CMBGenericWebService/CMBGenericWebService.h

Reading type map file 'typemap.dat'

Reading file './CMBGenericWebService/CMBGenericWebService.wsdl'
Connecting to 'http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd' to retrieve schema... con
nected, receiving...
Redirected to 'http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd/'
Connecting to 'http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd/' to retrieve schema... co
nnected, receiving...
An error occurred while parsing schema from ''
Error 403 fault: SOAP-ENV:Server [no subcode]
"HTTP error"
Detail: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:09:51 GMT
Connection: close

** HERE **
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>403 Forbidden</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>Forbidden</H1>
<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>
Web Server at &#119;&#115;&#105;&#115;&#105;&#116;&#101;&#46;&#120;&#50;&#99;&#1
09;&#115;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109;
</ADDRESS>
</BODY>
</HTML>

<!--
    - Unfortunately, Microsoft has added a clever new
    - "feature" to Internet Explorer. If the text of
    - an error's message is "too small", specifically
    - less than 512 bytes, Internet Explorer returns
    - its own error message. You can turn that off,
    - but it's pretty tricky to find switch called
    - "smart error messages". That means, of course,
    - that short error messages are censored by default.
    - IIS always returns error messages that are long
    - enough to make Internet Explorer happy. The
    - workaround is pretty simple: pad the error
    - message with a big comment like this to push it
    - over the five hundred and twelve bytes minimum.
    - Of course, that's ex

D:\_ArbeitsPC\_Software\gSOAP\gsoap-win32-2.7>

<output_ends_here>

gSoap runs just fine if I change the import like this:

<import namespace="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd";
    schemaLocation="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd/swaRef.xsd"/>

WSDL2Java (Axis 1.4) returns this error message:

<output_start_here>

Z:\wsdl2rpg\WSDL2Java\bin>WSDL2Java.bat CMBGenericWebService

Z:\wsdl2rpg\WSDL2Java\bin>java -cp activation.jar;axis.jar;commons-discovery-0.2
.jar;commons-logging.jar;jaxrpc.jar;mailapi.jar;saaj.jar;wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar  org.a
pache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -s -oCMBGenericWebService CMBGenericWebService/CMBGene
ricWebService.wsdl
java.io.IOException: Type {http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd}swaRef is refe
renced but not defined.
         at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(Symbol
Table.java:665)
         at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:545
)
         at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:518)
         at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:495)
         at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Z:\wsdl2rpg\WSDL2Java\bin>

<output_ends_here>

It also does not know about wsi:swaRef.

To cut the story down: I assume that the best thing I could do is to internally assign 'xsd:anyURI' to
every type that references 'wsi:swaRef'. Then take the URI (cdi:someUri) and get the attachment. But
before I can think about how to process I need to know how to set up a Web service with attachments
using Axis and Tomcat. I am no longer sure (because of the complexity with attachments) that opening
your Web service for me is enough.

Regards,

Thomas.