Re: WSDL2RPG - RC4 available with workaround for Axis bug AXIS-2095

   Hi Thomas,

   It seems like the CMBGenericWebService only works on WAS 6.1.

   [1]http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cmgmt/v8r4m0/index.jsp?top
   ic=/com.ibm.samples.doc/samples/webservices/GenericWebServiceSampleWAS
   6.readme.htm

   From the web site:

       GenericWebServiceWAS6 Sample For IBM WebSphere Application Server
   6.1
   SAMPLE OVERVIEW
   ===============
   This sample demonstrates how to communicate with the DB2 Content
   Manager Version
   8.4 web services server by sending XML request messages and binary
   attachments
   to the Generic Web Services (named CMBGenericWebService) running on
   WAS 6.1. It
   calls the runtime interfaces implemented by CMWebService web services,
   with
   minimal system administration and metadata query functionality. The
   sample also
   demonstrate how to use MIME, the Multipurpose Internet Mail
   Extensions, to
   sending binary data to and from CMBGenericWebService web services.
   The GenericWebServiceWAS6 sample is in directory
   IBMCMROOT/samples/webservices/
   GenericWebService/java/WAS6/base.

   And that there is another webservice for Axis (CMWebService).

   [2]http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cmgmt/v8r4m0/index.jsp?top
   ic=/com.ibm.samples.doc/samples/webservices/GenericWebServiceSampleWAS
   6.readme.htm

    From the web site:

                   CMWebService Web Service Client Java Samples
   SAMPLE OVERVIEW
   ===============
   The two Web Service Client Java Samples to DB2 Content Manager Version
   8.4 Specific Web services (named CMWebService) that are described in
   the readme
   are located at
   IBMCMROOT/samples/webservices/CMWebService/java/Axis/base. They
   are mostly similar so that one can be considered as a variation of
   another. Both
   of them calls the runtime interfaces implemented by CMWebService Web
   services
   with minimal system administration and metadata query functionality.
   The samples
   also demonstrate how to use MIME, the Multipurpose Internet Mail
   Extensions, to
   send binary data to and from CMWebService web services. Both of them
   leverage
   the web services support in Apache Axis web services engine in their
   implementation.
   The only difference is that the CMWebServiceClient sample works with
   only
   specific item types while the CMWebServiceClientAnyItemType sample
   demonstrates
   how to write web service client to work with any item type. Even
   though the
   latter also uses the item types from DB2 Content Manager Version 8.4
   First steps
   application for the completeness of the demonstration, the users can
   learn from
   the sample's code about how to serialize and deserialize the XML
   elments for any
   item types.

   But should not the WSDL2RPG cover both? Are you using some axis
   dependencies?

   Seems like both demostrate how to use attachments and MIME.

   Best regards,

   Magne

   AXIS-2095

   >Magne,
   >
   >I do not have the WDSC error message here at home. But actually it is
   the same or almost the same as
   >the error message of WSDL2Java (Axis 1.4).
   >
   >gSoap can not resolve the 'import' (because the schemaLocation
   attribute is missing) and hence does
   >not now about wsi:swaRef. The output of gSoap is:
   >
   ><output_start_here>
   >
   >D:\_ArbeitsPC\_Software\gSOAP\gsoap-win32-2.7>wsdl2h.exe -c -Iimport
   -oCMBGeneri
   >cWebService/CMBGenericWebService.h
   ./CMBGenericWebService/CMBGenericWebService.w
   >sdl > CMBGenericWebService/CMBGenericWebService.txt
   >
   >** The gSOAP WSDL parser for C and C++ 1.2.6e
   >** Copyright (C) 2000-2006 Robert van Engelen, Genivia Inc.
   >** All Rights Reserved. This product is provided "as is", without any
   warranty.

   >** The gSOAP WSDL parser is released under one of the following two
   licenses:
   >** GPL or the commercial license by Genivia Inc. Use option -l for
   more info.

   >Saving CMBGenericWebService/CMBGenericWebService.h
   >
   >Reading type map file 'typemap.dat'
   >
   >Reading file './CMBGenericWebService/CMBGenericWebService.wsdl'
   >Connecting to 'http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd' to retrieve
   schema... con
   >nected, receiving...
   >Redirected to 'http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd/'
   >Connecting to 'http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd/' to retrieve
   schema... co
   >nnected, receiving...
   >An error occurred while parsing schema from ''
   >Error 403 fault: SOAP-ENV:Server [no subcode]
   >"HTTP error"
   >Detail: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
   >HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
   >Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:09:51 GMT
   >Connection: close
   >

   >** HERE **
   ><HTML>
   ><HEAD>
   ><TITLE>403 Forbidden</TITLE>
   ></HEAD>
   ><BODY>
   ><H1>Forbidden</H1>
   ><P>
   ><HR>
   ><ADDRESS>
   >Web Server at
   &#119;&#115;&#105;&#115;&#105;&#116;&#101;&#46;&#120;&#50;&#99;&#1
   >09;&#115;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109;
   ></ADDRESS>
   ></BODY>
   ></HTML>
   >
   ><!--
   > - Unfortunately, Microsoft has added a clever new
   > - "feature" to Internet Explorer. If the text of
   > - an error's message is "too small", specifically
   > - less than 512 bytes, Internet Explorer returns
   > - its own error message. You can turn that off,
   > - but it's pretty tricky to find switch called
   > - "smart error messages". That means, of course,
   > - that short error messages are censored by default.
   > - IIS always returns error messages that are long
   > - enough to make Internet Explorer happy. The
   > - workaround is pretty simple: pad the error
   > - message with a big comment like this to push it
   > - over the five hundred and twelve bytes minimum.
   > - Of course, that's ex
   >
   >D:\_ArbeitsPC\_Software\gSOAP\gsoap-win32-2.7>
   >
   ><output_ends_here>
   >
   >gSoap runs just fine if I change the import like this:
   >
   ><import namespace="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd";
   > schemaLocation="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd/swaRef.xsd"/>
   >

   >WSDL2Java (Axis 1.4) returns this error message:
   >
   ><output_start_here>
   >
   >Z:\wsdl2rpg\WSDL2Java\bin>WSDL2Java.bat CMBGenericWebService
   >
   >Z:\wsdl2rpg\WSDL2Java\bin>java -cp
   activation.jar;axis.jar;commons-discovery-0.2
   {http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd}swaRef is refe
   >renced but not defined.
   > at
   org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(Symbol
   >Table.java:665)
   > at
   org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:545
   >)
   > at
   org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
   >a:518)
   > at
   org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
   >a:495)
   > at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
   > at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
   >Z:\wsdl2rpg\WSDL2Java\bin>
   >
   ><output_ends_here>
   >
   >It also does not know about wsi:swaRef.
   >
   >To cut the story down: I assume that the best thing I could do is to
   internally assign 'xsd:anyURI' to
   >every type that references 'wsi:swaRef'. Then take the URI
   (cdi:someUri) and get the attachment. But
   >before I can think about how to process I need to know how to set up
   a Web service with attachments
   >using Axis and Tomcat. I am no longer sure (because of the complexity
   with attachments) that opening
   >your Web service for me is enough.
   >
   >Regards,
   >
   >Thomas.
   >

   >magne@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:
   >> Hi Thomas,
   >>
   >> Did you get WSDC error code IWAB0380E ?
   >>
   >> This error is harmless and can be treated as such. Here is the link
   >> the technote:

   [1]http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=495&context=SSGTPH&cont

   ext=SSBRLP&context=SS2MD7&dc=DB520&uid=swg21208262&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&