Re: How to properly encode characters in a Web Service XML requestmessage?

Mark,

Despite of that I am extremely late with my reply I want to thank you for pointing me in the right
direction. I was completely wrong with the German Umlaute. These characters actually do not need to be
escaped. What I did wrong was that I specified UTF-8 for the SOAP envelope but let HTTP API send it
using 819. After having changed the CCSID of HTTPAPI to 1208 everything works fine.

Thanks,

Thomas.