HTTPAPI - XPAT - encoding "ISO-8859-2"

   Dear Friends,

   My task is to translate incoming XML files into AS/400-DBfiles. I took
   Scott Klement's Tool  (HTTPAPI/EXPAT Ver. 1.18)  to generate a simple
   AS/400 flat file,  successfully, and continue to process the data.  It
   works great, fast and cool for the usual "ISO-8859-1" encoded
   files.

   Unfortunately some of the incoming Files are encoded with
   "ISO-8859-2" instead of "ISO-8859-1": and the Tool gives a Returncode
   of "-1" with automatic terminating.

   It would be nice to hear any suggestions, [the option to overtype
   this manually in the incoming file is not acceptable cause it should
   run finally unattended, but thank you for thinking about it, the
   universe and all that kind of things].

   When there is a default already, I failed to use that.

   Thank you for hints or suggestions

   Istvan RUDAS, (Vienna, Austria/Europe)