From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott
Klement
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 12:42 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: HTTP API question

Hi Wes,

> LPI as we use it would be - Local Pprogram Interface.

Sounds like a synonym for API, correct?  I haven't heard that before.

> I guess I will go with saving it to a IFS file.  I'm not saying it
> would be hard to put the response in a file and read it.  It just
> seems to be a unnecessary step in our situation - for performance
reasons.

You don't HAVE to save it to an IFS file if you don't want to.  I've
already explained that HTTPAPI supports call-backs, you can save it in
memory if you like.

IMHO, an IFS file is just much easier to work with.  Especially if you
have to muck around with breaking it into chunks of memory.

Remember, you're not working on a PC!  i5/OS uses Single-Level Store. A
file that gets heavy use will be loaded into main storage. Program
variables that don't get much use can be accessed on disk.  So the
performance gain you expect from saving the data in memory may not be as
big as you think they will be.

But, if you want to save it to memory you can do that.  HTTPAPI supports
that, as I explained in my last response to you (which, apparently, you
didn't understand.)