Re: call stack entry not found - CPF2479

stephane wrote:
> When I call example15 or example18 or example19, the program doesn't
> work and display the following message.  "call stack entry not found"
> id message CPF2479.

There was a bug in the RPG compiler, it was fixed in V5R2.  The bug was
this:  If an error was found, the RPG runtime would send an error
message to a call stack entry whose name matched the module name.

That's not correct.  There's no call stack entry with the same name as
the module in a NOMAIN module (though, there is in a module that does
have a MAIN procedure).

Like I said, this problem was fixed in V5R2 -- but it still exists in
V5R1.  It's described in APAR SE11118 which you can read on-line on
IBM's site at the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/29udp7

However, it's important to understand that the "CALL STACK NOT FOUND" is
not really the problem -- rather its a bug that's hiding the REAL error
message. Unfortunately, since I don't have access to a V5R1 machine, and
therefore I can't determine what the real error message is.  Since this
problem only occurs on V5R1 machines, I have no way to debug it further.

In the following thread in this discussion list, Scott Schollenberger
says that the error occurs when translating the element name from
Unicode to EBCDIC:
http://www.scottklement.com/archives/ftpapi/200704/msg00074.html

In order to fix the problem, I need volunteers who are willing to either
give me access to a V5R1 machine, or to do some "trial-and-error"
testing with me, where I send them a SAVF that I *think* will work, and
they tell me about any problems they encounter, and we work together to
fix it.

I can't solve this problem otherwise, since I don't have a V5R1 machine.