SSL connection issues

   Scott,

   We've been using v1.12 for over a year with great success.  We use it
   to connect to a business partner, sending a request for information
   and receiving the response.  We are now developing an app to connect
   to a second, similar partner.  I cloned the programs that use
   the HTTPAPI programs and have discovered an interesting problem.  I
   get an ssl_error(6000) error if I try to connect to the second partner
   before anyone connects to the first.  Once someone has connected to
   the first partner, then I can successfully connect to the second.  I'm
   using the same HTTPAPI programs in the same sequence, but CL and RPG
   programs are different.

   I followed the flow in debug and it fails in http_persist_open.
   comm_Connect returns *OFF at the statement:
   if comm_connect(wwComm:p_addr:wwTimeout) = *OFF

   I get the following debug log (I've changed the URL to conform to our
   confidentiality agreement with our business partner):

   HTTPAPI Ver 1.12 released 2005-08-12

   New iconv() objects set, ASCII=819. EBCDIC=0
   http_setauth(): entered
   http_url_post_stmf(): entered
   getting post file size...
   File size: 2918
   opening file to be sent...
   opening file to be received
   6 parms...
   Post File: /Test/FR111423I.xml
   Recv File: /Test/FR111423IResponse.xml
   Timeout 30
   UserAgent: http-api/1.11
   Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
   http_persist_open(): entered
   http_long_ParseURL(): entered
   https_init(): entered
   ---------------
   Dump of local-side certificate information:
   ---------------
   (GSKit) Certificate is not signed by a trusted certificate authority.
   ssl_error(6000): (GSKit) Certificate is not signed by a trusted
   certificate authority.
   SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) Certificate is not signed by a
   trusted certificate author
   Dump of server-side certificate information:
   Cert Validation Code = 0
   in http_url_post_raw2: http_persist_open returned null

   Any ideas?

   Thanks,

   Barry Shrum