Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sender: Scott Klement

> Like I said I am not changing the example program that you gave. So the
> URL spelling should not be issue. But DNS , whats that ,should that be
> configured in my iSeries if so how and where should I do it. Please
> assist.

What happens if you type the following from the command line?

PING 'www.webservicex.net'

Does it say "Unknown host"? If so, your iSeries hasn't been set up to use
DNS. Or, at least, it hasn't been set up to use DNS from the Internet.

To set it up, use the CHGTCPDMN command. For example, if your system is
named "iSeries.example.com" and your Internet provider gave you a DNS
server to use of 192.168.5.1 (or perhaps you have your own DNS server on
the LAN) you'd type the following:

CHGTCPDMN HOSTNAME('iSeries') DMNNAME('example.com') +
INTNETADR('192.168.5.1')

Now when you try to look up a host, it'll ask the DNS server located at
192.168.5.1 to find the host name. If you're able to get Internet access
from the PCs on yoru network, they must already be set up this way. Type
"ifconfig" from a DOS prompt in Windows to see how your PC is set up.