Re: HTTPAPI Errors

Sender: "Buck Calabro" <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx>

> But DNS , whats that ,should that be
> configured in my iSeries
> if so how and where should I do it. Please assist.

HTTP is part of TCP/IP.  If you want to use the HTTP API, it will be
very helpful to become familiar with TCP/IP in general, and the HTTP
protocol in particular.  I don't have a link handy; perhaps Google can
help, but DNS is Domain Name System.  It is the TCP/IP system that
translates a name like www.iseries.ibm.com into an internet address
like 192.168.0.1.

If your DNS is not configured to reach outside of your internal
network, then programs inside your network will not be able to
translate outside names into addresses.  There is another way to set
up this translation: use a host table entry.  Again, Google for
specific information.

These are not part of the HTTP API, but they are a part of your
company's networking infrastructure.  You should contact your iSeries
system administrator to get either the DNS or host table configured.
  --buck