Re: SSL to Bank of America (was RE: SSL/GSKit message)

Sender: Sean Porterfield <sporter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott Klement wrote:
Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Sean,

POST /servlet/MailboxServlet
Host: elink-http4.bankofamerica.com

What the heck? The first line of this should read:

POST /servlet/MailboxServlet HTTP/1.1

I'm confused that the HTTP/1.1 is missing? How could that happen?

Here's the code that generates that statement:

      c                   eval      wwReqChain =
      c                             'POST '+ peAbsPath +' HTTP/1.1' +
      c                             CRLF +'Host: '+%trim(peHost)

How the heck could it have the "POST" and the "Host:" but not the "HTTP/1.1"? Did you change the code? Clearly, missing that HTTP/1.1 would break things and cause that "400 Bad Request" error.

It's funny, I noticed that difference from Loyd's debug file too. I have no idea why it's different. I just did a fresh install of HTTPAPI 1.15. LIBHTTP did not exist immediately before I restored from the SAVF yesterday.

I see the code you mentioned starting at line 1185 in HTTPAPIR4.

Aha! I also see the HTTP/1.1 *way* over to the right in the debug file. It starts at position 94 on the line with POST. I copied the text from my screen and hadn't bothered to scroll to the right.

I just added %trim on my URI variable in the post which works much better. Now I just have to write the rest of my program (read the response, send my file, etc.)

Thanks, all!

--
Sean Porterfield