AW: Re: HTTP API 1.14 times out -1.11 does not time out

Sender: thomas.raddatz@xxxxxxxxxxx

Scott,

The problem is that the value of HTTP_ASCII was changed from 819 to 367. That setting does not work (at least) on our German box.

iconv_open() returns -1 for:

> EVAL dsTo
  TO_CCSID OF DSTO = 0
  TO_CA OF DSTO = 0
  TO_SA OF DSTO = 0
  TO_SS OF DSTO = 1
  TO_IL OF DSTO = 0
  TO_EO OF DSTO = 1
  TO_R OF DSTO = '        '

> EVAL dsFrom
  FROM_CCSID OF DSFROM = 367
  FROM_CA OF DSFROM = 0
  FROM_SA OF DSFROM = 0
  FROM_SS OF DSFROM = 1
  FROM_IL OF DSFROM = 0
  FROM_EO OF DSFROM = 1
  FROM_R OF DSFROM = '        '

I can get around the problem by calling HTTP_SetCCSIDs(819: HTTP_EBCDIC) before http_url_post_xml().

I also encountered problems with the debug log when HTTP_ASCII is set to 367. The PC file is created with CCSID 1252. I can look at its content using EDTF. But I can not ge the data properly to my PC. FTP binary mode, FTP ascii mode, mapped drive - nothing works. All I get is garbage.

Thomas Raddatz.