Re: HTTP API 1.14 times out -1.11 does not time out

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If the problem is not HTTP_TIMEOUT, then please tell me how to reproduce it. That's the next step in solving the problem.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Thomas Raddatz wrote:
fix this, change the value of the HTTP_TIMEOUT constant in the CONFIG_H
source member and re-install HTTPAPI.

I started the debugger for both versions of HTTP API and searched for HTTP_TIMEOUT. In both cases HTTP_TIMEOUT is set to 10 seconds. Hence it can not be reponsible for the problem, can it?

Is it possible that it's because the timeout changed to 10 seconds?
Would that make sense as the reason?  Or is the web service usually
faster than that?

The response time of the web service is usually < 1 second.

I'll try to update the Web site as soon as I'm able.  I'm currently at
COMMON, and away from home.

Enjoy COMMON. Once you are back home we can further investigate the problem. It is not that urgent. I wrote some articles about RPG and web services for the German TechKnowLetter newsletter (http://www.techknowletter.de/). One of the articles mentions your HTTP API service program and the sample program uses your HTTP API. I need a fix (explanation) for the problem before that article gets published. But since the article is the fifths article out of six and since the first one is not yet published there is enough time left to fix the problem.

Thomas Raddatz.

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

does anybody have an idea why HTTP API V1.14 times out while HTTP API V1.11 does not time out? The error message that I receive from HTTP API V1.14 is "CommTCP_read: time-out

Ooops! It looks like I changed the default timeout (I was probably testing something) down to 10 seconds, and forgot to change it back! To fix this, change the value of the HTTP_TIMEOUT constant in the CONFIG_H source member and re-install HTTPAPI.

I'll try to update the Web site as soon as I'm able. I'm currently at COMMON, and away from home.

I am using the http_url_post_xml() function to call a self written test web service. The very same program times out when using the V1.14 API. It runs fine when it uses the V1.11 API. All I do is changing the library list entry from LIBHTTP (V1.14) to LIBHTTP# (V1.11) to use the different HTTP API versions.