Error Resolution (fwd)

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:20:09 -0600 (CST) From: jstagliano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Error Resolution

Scott, your open source xml is a wonderful tool. I installed it and modified it and it works great!!!

Thank You!!!

However, I did run into an issue that I resolved. I will explain it here.

I used your example 16 (Modified) to retrieve UPS rates. Works great when I run it interactively or in batch.

However, when I run it from our web module. Which is an apache server setup on the iSeries using RPG & CGI. The call to the UPS Rates program fails.

I get the error ...
(GSKit) Access to the key database is not allowed.
(GSKit) An operation which is not valid for the current SSL session state was attempted.
DSPLY  gsk_env_init: (GSKit) Access to the key database i

******************************************************* Please note, I have found in your archives, that others have gotten this second error. I only get this error after I cancel the first error. And If I restart my Apache Server, I get the first error again!!! ******************************************************

When I Cancel the message and try it again. I get the following error...

(GSKit) Handle is not valid.
DSPLY  gsk_sec_soc_open: (GSKit) Handle is not valid.

Here's my analysis...

Since QTMHHTTP and QTMHHTP1 user profiles do not have the authority to access the "key database" (which I believe is the encryption keys). And I really didn't want to give those user profiles any special authorities.

And my resolution...

I created a Subsystem, a file, a data queue and a CL Program.

In the Subsystem I have a program running that waits for an entry into the data queue.

In my web program, I load the file with a unique key and the information to send to UPS for the rates. I also load the data queue with the unique key and the library and file name.

The CL program then gets the entry from the data queue, overrides the file, and call the UPS Rates xml file passing the unique key and loops to wait for the next data queue entry.

The UPS Rates program reads the file with the unique key, sends the request, gets the response and loads the rate information into the file.

My Web program then reads the file using the unique key.

And yes this resolution worked!!!

Again --- Thank You for sharing your xml projects. It is much appreciated.

John E. Stagliano