Re: MAX_SESSIONS

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Robert,

Please keep in mind that this number is the number of open sessions your program can have within a given activation group. Since RPG is a single-threaded language, you can only be using one session at a time, anyway... but you need more than 16 of them open at once? That seems unlikely to me.

However, if you really do need to have your RPG program connect to 16 servers at once, you could increase the number of allowed sessions simply by increasing the number in that MAX_SESSIONS constant and re-compiling FTPAPI.

I haven't tested this -- I've never used more than 3 sessions at once -- but it theoretically should work.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com