invalid extension

I am trying FTPAPI for the first time. The company i need to send a file to would like us to rename it after the send is complete to prevent them accessing an incomplete file. The extension they want me to use is .cmp.

I am testing this out on a local AS400 and receive message 501 Unknown extension in database file name. Is there a place to define the extensions or something i am doing wrong

The original name is formatted <xxx>timstamp.txt. renaming this to <xxx>timestamp.cmp is where the problem occurs.

Bob Roche
Programmer/Analyst
(847) 482-2628

broche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx