Re: cert from webservice

Sender: "Jay Peasley" <jpeasley@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

Oddly enough I was able to import their cert, despite the fact that it was
self signed. The CN = XXXXXX XXXX/emailaddress=XXXXX@xxxxxxxx, the O is the
company name and the L,ST and C are the city state and country,
respectively.

Now I had loaded their cert(s) from their website(s) prior to loading in
this cert, which they claim is the merchant (client?) certificate.

Though I am no SSL expert, I believe I understand what you are saying and a
CA cert cannot be a Server cert. That does makes sense. I am wondering if
their mercahnt cert is really a user cert in iSeries terms. I have setup
user certs before for iSeries Access, but I believe the iSeries generates
them.

But back to your last statement, if the client certificate is installed I
will be able to assign it to my application. How does one do that?

Thanks,

Jay