Re: How do I get the response back using: HTTPAPI http_url_post_stmf

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

New question:  Thank you for that speedy response.
But what do I tell the vendor to do to return an "OK" reply (or an xml
document)?  Is it as simple as me naming the file to be returned, he
creating a response file named that same file name, and it just gets sent?

I assumed that the vendor had already set up his program, and that you had to comply with his specifications. Are you able to tell him how he should write his software?

The name you give to the file is for your purposes only. The vendor never sees the filename. All HTTP requests get a response (as I said before). When you're the person who's writing HTTPAPI, the question becomes "What should I do with that response?". If it were a web browser, the response would appear on the users screen, but HTTPAPI is controlled by a program, so that wouldn't make sense. So, I decided to save it to a file in the IFS. (or, when using the _raw() subprocedures, it uses callbacks instead).

So, the filename is just where the response gets stored on your iSeries. It has nothing to do with the vendor.