RE: ISO-8859-1 and http_url_get_xml

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I note that the responses I get from the remote server are
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Is this the equivalent of the ISO 8859 or should I anticipate problems ?

Anticipate problems :) It's possible that the differences between ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 won't matter, but there's a good chance that it will.

If you want a workaround for the time being, you can use http_url_post() instead of http_url_post_xml(). That way you can save the results to a stream file and parse it separately.