RE: Connecting with HTTPS to secure server

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Peter,

POST /jsp/merchant/xml/paymentService.jsp HTTP/1.1
Host: secure-test.bibit.com
Authorization: Basic V0VTVEZBTElBRVVSOnRlc3QyMDA1

I hope that "test2005" wasn't your real password? If it was, I suggest that you change it immediately. Anyone who is familiar with base64 could easily get your userid and password from that "Authorization:" line above.

Regarding the "401" error that you're receiving. I would guess that you've either made a mistake in your userid or password, or that perhaps one or the other is case-sensitive?