HTTPAPI 1.10pre4, please test!

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I've put a new *beta* copy of HTTPAPI up on my web site

SAVF:   http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.savf
XML:    http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.xml
ZIP:    http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/beta/httpapi.zip

I'd appreciate it if people on this list could help test it out...

New features:
--------------------

1) Includes a copy of the source for eXpat, an open-source XML parser.
    Integrated with HTTPAPI to help with getting data from web services.

2) HTTPAPIR4 has been modularized.

3) I re-wrote most of the network routines so that some common code can be
shared between standard HTTP and SSL HTTP (https)

4) The max length of URLs has been increased from 256 bytes to 32k.

5) Added routines to perform URL encoding of post data.

6) Added a http_url_post_raw2() that accepts a call-back routine to
perform the post instead of a data pointer.  Using this, you no longer
have to load all of your post data into memory at once.

7) Added http_url_post_stmf() to that allows you to post data directly
from a stream file.

Since there have been soooo many changes to this release, I'm sure I
introduced some bugs somewhere.  Please try to find them and post your
findings to this mailing list.

Also, I'd appreciate it if people would test this on different releases.
I have only V5R2 to test with, so I'd be interested in hearing what works
and what doesn't work on earlier releases.

Thanks!

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com