Re: HTTPAPI examples

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Thomas,

> That is quite interesting. But eXpat is "just" a parser with no option to build
> DOM objects. I do not know how you guys create an .xml file. We usually create a
> DOM object and then we materialize the DOM object to the .xml file using a
> treewalker with appropriated callback procedures. We use the same technic to
> materialize a DOM object to a buffer in the memory. Of course that is slower
> than writing the XML stream directly to an IFS file. But the advantage is that
> there is a single point that creates human readable XML output.

I know of several people that are using CGIDEV2 to create XML output. I
suppose you can check your template to make sure that it's well-formed
before outputting.

Personally, I just write it to a stream file directly -- which is probably
not the "right" way to do it, but like the CGIDEV2 situation, I generally
have a template with only a small amount of data that needs to change with
each output.   I haven't had any problems with this approach (yet)