Re: HTTPAPI examples

Sender: "Thomas Raddatz" <thomas.raddatz@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Ah, I see. That is the same point we started from. We also started using the
XML4PR400 service program provided by Alphaworks. But when Alphaworks removed
the service program from their website we decided to move to the official IBM
license program. So now we use the XML4PR500 service program along with our
wrapper service program.

If anyone else is using the XML4PR500 service program, then he might consider to
have a look at the "light" wrapper service program that I provide at my freeware
page. It does not have the same rich set of functions that our production
service program has, but it still makes life easier for a RPG programmer.

So at the moment we have two choices:

1) XML4PR400 together with Aaron´s interface.
2) XML4PR500 together with my interface.

Thanks Scott and Aaron for having enlightened me.

> eXpat -- or maybe just porting eXpat to the iSeries.  I'd really like an
> open-source parser that's easy to use, and not owned by IBM :)

That is quite interesting. But eXpat is "just" a parser with no option to build
DOM objects. I do not know how you guys create an .xml file. We usually create a
DOM object and then we materialize the DOM object to the .xml file using a
treewalker with appropriated callback procedures. We use the same technic to
materialize a DOM object to a buffer in the memory. Of course that is slower
than writing the XML stream directly to an IFS file. But the advantage is that
there is a single point that creates human readable XML output.

Thomas.