RE: HTTPAPI 1.9 pre3

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Sean Porterfield wrote:

> I'd love to, but it's proving difficult.  The SAVF is not viewable on V4R2
> (thank you IBM).
>
> The XML installer won't compile for me on V4R2.

Hmmm...  I guess I could also distribute it in .zip format, though that
seems like it would be a bit awkward.

> Copying the members manually from the XML file apparently leaves some sort
> of strange, invisible character on each line that is producing an error in
> SEU.
>
> I restored to another system (on V5R2), ftp'ed to my PC, transferred to a
> home pc, ftp'ed to my V4R2 system and fixed up all the member types.  When I
> tried to compile the INSTALL program, I got "CPD0018 30  String '          '
> contains a character that is not valid." on every line (which matches my
> experience in the previous paragraph).

I know that the XML installer has some special characters to colorize the
source, but I'm not aware of anything in HTTPAPI itself.  Unless you're
getting the CRLF?

> Obviously, I shouldn't transfer from AS/400 to Windows to Linux to AS/400
> without running dos2unix over the files.  Whew!

Unless you're transferring it in BINARY mode, I don't see why you'd need
to run dos2unix...  in ASCII mode the end-of-line characters should be
converted automatically.

> On to running the INSTALL program.
>   Compilation failed. Module HTTPAPIR4 not created in library LIBHTTP.
>
> In V4R2, I get the following error:
>
>     56 H OPTION(*NOSHOWCPY: *SRCSTMT: *NODEBUGIO)
> ======>                     aaaaaaaab ccccccccccd
> *RNF1331 20 a      005600  The parameter for keyword OPTION is not valid;
> parameter is
>                            ignored.
> *RNF1301 20 c      005600  A keyword is not recognized; the keyword is
> ignored.
> *RNF0633 20 d      005600  An unexpected right parenthesis was encountered;
> right
>                            parenthesis is ignored.

Hmmm, I used to use those keywords on V3R2.   It may require a PTF,
though...

> And:
>
>   2916 D atoll           PR            20I 0 ExtProc('atoll')
> ======> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
> *RNF0533 20 a      007200  The length of integer or unsigned field  is not
> valid.

>   5804 D   wwNumb                       5U 0 overlay(dsCvt:1) inz(0)
> ======>                                              aaaaa
> *RNF3467 20 a      425700  The first parameter for keyword OVERLAY is not
> valid;
>                            keyword is ignored.

Neither of these are new code -- you should've had the same problem in
1.8.  (Not that knowing that helps you much)

The wwNumb and (*SRCSTMT: *NODEBUGIO) issues are easy enough to fix, but
fixing atoll won't be as easy.

What does everyone think?  Do we need to continue to support V4R2-V4R3?
If it's important, I'll work on this -- but if it's not, I'd like to
concentrate on more important things.

Thanks for all the work, Sean!  I know much more now than I did before!